2018 property taxes are due and payable by 4:30 pm on October 31st, 2018, and must be received on or before this date with no exceptions. A penalty of 1% compounded annually will be added to any outstanding taxes on the first day of each month until paid in full. Amount of arrears shown on your tax statement includes penalties to May 31, 2018. Properties with more than 2 years of taxes owing may be sold through the tax sale process so please ensure that you pay your taxes by the annual due date.
Are you aware of the rules & regulations for owning a dog in the RM of Ste Anne, click here for more information.
2018 Farmland School Tax Rebate forms are now available. Please see the Manitoba Agriculture Services Corporation website for more information and to download the form if you have not already received yours in the mail.
Volunteer Firefighter Recruitment
VOLUNTEER FIREFIGHTER RECRUITMENT
Ste. Anne Municipality is accepting applications from dedicated individuals to assume the role of Volunteer Firefighter for the Richer Fire Department.
Duties include, amongst others:
• Combating, extinguishing and preventing of fires
• Saving life and property during responses
• Various duties under emergency conditions, often hazardous
• Public education and awareness
• Routine servicing and maintenance of fire equipment, apparatus and property
• Participation in various programs, training and meetings
• Independent judgement and action in emergency situations under direction of a superior
Successful candidates may be required to obtain:
• Legal entitlement to work in Canada (proof of citizenship or other documentation if applicable)
• Successful completion of an approved Firefighter Training program resulting in the completion of a Level I or II Certification
• Class 4 and Air Driver’s License
• First Aid and CPR Certificates
• Medical & Physical Report
• Criminal Background & Child Abuse Registry Check
• Other as required
Some of the above requirements may be subject to reimbursement. Remuneration will be provided as per Municipal policies.
Those interested in becoming a Volunteer Firefighter with the Richer Fire Department must complete an application form which is available at the Municipal office or by email upon request.
Please forward complete application by October 15, 2018 to:
Ste. Anne Municipality
c/o CAO Jennifer Blatz
395 Traverse Road
Box 6 Grp 50 RR1
Ste. Anne, MB
The RM of Ste. Anne wishes to thank all candidates for their interest, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
ELECTIONS UPDATE: Congratulations to Jake Reimer, Ward 2, and Brent Wery, Ward 3, who have been elected by acclamation. Attached you will find a complete list of candidates. For those wanting more information, Steinbachonline.com has a 2018 elections feature that lists all of the candidates and links articles they have published regarding the 2018 elections https://steinbachonline.com/municipal-overvi…/rm-of-ste-anne
REMINDER: Nomination papers for the 2018 Municipal Election will be accepted as of this Wednesday, September 12th (8:30am) until next Tuesday, September 18th (4:30pm).
Now is the time to have your septic tanks emptied!
Did you know that the RM of Ste. Anne, under our Lagoon License, does not accept effluent from septic tanks between the months of October and June. Please make your arrangements now while there is still time!
Note: This does not apply to holding tanks.